Gut Healing Turmeric Poached Eggs recipe
Recipe Keys – Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low Carb (Less Than 20 Grams of Carb Per Serving), Vegetarian, Quick (Under 30 Minuets), Contain Nuts, Keto and Paleo Approved.
- 2 tsp. pine nuts
- 1 and 3/4th cups (400g) of fresh baby spinach
- 5/8 cup (125g) of tomatoes halved
- 1 tbsp. mild olive oil
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 medium-sized eggs (prefer fresh pasture raised)
- Heat a dry frying pan and toast the pine nuts for 2 minutes, then set aside.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a frying pan and stir-fry the spinach and tomatoes for 2 minutes on medium heat until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and add in the vinegar and turmeric. Turn the heat down so that the water no longer bubbles. Carefully break in the egg and poach for 3 min, repeat with the second egg.
- Divide the spinach over two bowls, top with the poached egg and sprinkle with toasted pine nuts. Season with pepper and salt. Break open the eggs just before serving.
Poaching an egg seems to be difficult but it is not, watch the video to learn how to perfectly poach an egg.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 15gCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 14g
Tip: To prep the night before, poach the eggs and immediately transfer to a bowl of ice water. Cover and chill in the fridge. When ready to enjoy, reheat in simmering water for one minute. Prep them in make-ahead batches for a quick meal to enjoy throughout the week.