Low Carb Chocolate Zucchini Muffin
- 2 cups (240g) almond meal
- 4 tbsp. coconut flour
- ½ cup (50g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder, gluten free
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- ¼ cup (60ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup (60ml) honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 zucchini, grated (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, combine almond meal, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine mashed banana, almond milk, eggs, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Place grated zucchini between two layers of paper towel and squeeze out excess liquid, and then add to the batter.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or place a muffin liner in each and distribute batter evenly between cups. Bake for 25 minutes or until the tops spring back when touched.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing and placing onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition per serving: 181 kcal, Fats: 12g, 15g Carbs, 7g Protein
Recipe Keys: Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low Carb, Meal Prep, Vegan