Easy Vegan Jackfruit Curry
- 1 cup (225g) Jasmine rice, uncooked
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp, red Thai curry paste
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped into bite-size chunks
- 1 cup (165g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1.5 cups (350ml) coconut milk, canned
- 1 cup (175g) canned/fresh jackfruit, chopped (unripe)
- Handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, to garnish
- Cook rice according to instructions on the packaging.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion in, frequently stirring for about 5-6 minutes until fragrant. Add the curry paste, stir and cook for another minute.
- Add in the sweet potatoes, chickpeas and coconut milk to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Allow the sauce to heat up until simmering. Let it continue to simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender enough to be easily pierced with a fork. If the mixture gets too thick or dry, you can add water to the pan, 1/4 cup (60ml) at a time, up to 1/2 cup (120ml).
- Lastly, add the jackfruit and cook for another 2-3 minutes until heated through. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve curry over rice with cilantro and squeeze of lime.
Nutrition per serving: 489 kcal, 18g Fats, 75g Carbs, 10g Protein
Recipe Keys: Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Meal Prep, and Vegan