Baked Cod With Spinach and Crispy Top
- 1 lb. (450g) baby potatoes
- 2 cod fillets (8 oz./230g each)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1tsp. turmeric
- 2 +1/2 tbsp. all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (150g) frozen spinach
- 4 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup (45g) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (25g) Parmigiano Reggiano
- Cook potatoes according to instructions on packaging (simply boil/bake them).
- Rinse the fish and pat dry. Drizzle with lemon, then season with salt, black pepper, and 1 clove minced garlic. Sprinkle spices; paprika, oregano, and turmeric, then coat in 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare the spinach layer. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan. Add a second garlic clove and fry for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add the spinach and stir for about 4-5 minutes until wilted.
- Next, add the milk, season with salt and pepper, then heat for 2-3 minutes. Add half a tablespoon of flour and mix well.
- In a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs, parmesan, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Arrange the fish on a baking tray greased with a little olive oil. Top the fish with a layer of spinach and sprinkle with breadcrumb mix.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Serve with baby potatoes.
Nutrition per serving: 388 kcal, 11g Fats, 43g Carbs, 30g Protein
Recipe Keys: High Protein, Meal Prep Friendly