7 Sources of Healthy Low Carb Fiber Foods
Ah fiber, we hear so much chatter about it on a daily basis, yet many of us fail to get enough in our diet.
Even worse, a lot of us are completely oblivious of what it does, or why you should be getting more in your diet. Are you one of the many who are misinformed when it comes to fiber?
Benefits of Adding More Fiber to Your Keto Diet
- Helps Control Cholesterol Levels - fiber comes in two types, soluble and insoluble fiber. Soluble fiber is able to bind to bile acids, which are then excreted. When bile acid levels are lowered, cholesterol is used up to replace the diminished supply of this essential digestive substance.
- Helps Control Blood Sugar Levels - a diet high in fiber slows down the rate at which sugar enters the blood stream. The result is a more sustained entry of glucose into the body, along with accompanying insulin regulation.
- Helps Maintain Regularity - if you experience constipation regularly, you are most likely deficient in fiber intake. Fiber is able to retain water, making stool bulkier and easier to pass. Most times constipation comes about as a result of recurrent water absorption from stool, causing it to become more and more compact, and hence harder to pass.
- May Help With Weight Loss - fiber helps with weight loss thanks to one simple fact; it keeps you fuller for a longer time! As long as glucose is slowly trickling into your blood, along with the bulking effect fiber results in, you are likely to eat less.
Maybe now you see why people are fanatics when it comes to their fiber intake!
Those who are following a low carb diet need to look to alternative sources of fiber, since a lot of fiber is found in high carb foods, such as whole grains.
Ready to add some ridiculously simple fiber sources to your diet?
Here are some of the best sources of low carb fiber you can add today to get your body functioning better.
There are almost no carbs in flaxseeds because they contain so much fiber, and both soluble and insoluble varieties, with 1/3 being soluble.
Flax may just be the best low carb fiber sources, with 1 tablespoon yielding only 2 grams of carbs and 1.9 of which is fiber.
Look online for flaxseed crackers, there are several products that offer a great alternative to high carb crackers and will allow you to increase your fiber intake.
A highly nutrient dense fruit, the avocado’s health benefits are plentiful. While it has 9 grams of carbs, 7 of those are fiber, which nets only 2 impact carbs and ideal for a low carb diet.
Additionally, the avocado contains 2 grams of protein and 15 grams of healthy fats, both of which are essential for a healthy low carb diet.
Key Nutrients In Just A 3.5 Ounce Serving Include:
- 26% RDA of vitamin K
- 20% RDA of folate
- 17% RDA of vitamin C
- 14% RDA of potassium
- 14% RDA of vitamin B5
- 13% RDA of vitamin B6
- 10% RDA of vitamin E
Avocados also have more potassium than bananas, a nutrient that helps to maintain electrical gradients in cells and assists with other vital internal body processes. A 3.5-ounce serving contains 14% of the RDA of potassium.
Several studies found that potassium intake helps to reduce blood pressure and lower risks for heart attack and strokes.
If that’s not enough, avocado also contains manganese, copper, magnesium, zinc, iron, vitamins B2 and B3, phosphorous and vitamin A.
Broccoli has been handpicked by us, over traditional vegetables not just for its fiber level but also for its ridiculously low caloric density.
½ a cup of broccoli has only 31 calories, 2 grams of fiber, and 4 grams of carbs, bulking up stomach contents without a large carb or caloric load.
It also supplies a lot of vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin B-6.
Another major plus? Broccoli is able to eliminate excessive estrogen levels, a very welcome benefit for male athletes.
Spinach and Chard
1 cup of chopped spinach has 1 carb and 1 gram fiber, so now carbs at all, and the same goes for chard!
½ a cup of cut cooked asparagus has 4 grams of carbs and 2 grams fiber.
1 cup of chopped celery has 3 grams of carbs and 2 grams of fiber.
1 cup of sliced mushrooms has 2 gram of carbs and 1 gram of fiber.
Doctors Schocked! Erases fat like it never existed...
This mysterious liquid allows you to erase fat instantly, like it never existed...
Literally within days, your metabolism will be working like it did when you were 20 years old!
With no side effects, no stomach upset, and no long-term unknown health risks.
Dr. Oz, says it could be the obesity killer. Click here to learn what this is...
Normalize blood sugar in 3 weeks
In Kalimantan, a city in Indonesia. There is NOT ONE overweight person!
Even though they eat ungodly amounts of sugar!
I couldn't wrap my head around it, and it's been bugging me ever since.
This was what was shared on primetime tv. There was a rare ingredient they included in every meal…
That's clinically proven to normalize blood sugar in as fast as 3 weeks.
I was skeptical at first… but wait until you see the proof right here.
You'll discover studies made by UCLA, Gachon University, and Pennington Biomedical Research Center proves that after eating this rare "Insulin-Like" fruit will reduce your fasting blood sugar levels…
- Helps your pancreas to produce more insulin
- Lowers your blood sugar levels before and after every meal!
Just imagine how much ice-cream you could have eaten if you had this...