5 Ingredient Avocado and Egg Salad (Keto, Paleo, Whole 30)
The Best Avocado Egg Salad – easy and quick to make, low-carb and Keto. Use on your keto toast, sandwiches, with lettuce or have it as it is. Packed with healthy fats, protein and taste.
Believe it or not I never thought of making this recipe which contains two keto blockbuster ingredients i.e. Avocado and Eggs … until I ran out of ideas to make my son a healthy breakfast with eggs. He is not a big fan of avocados, but after I served this avocado and egg salad to him – the plate was clean in a jiffy…. mission accomplished.
Avocados and eggs, makes life so easy for a low carb lifestyle. Recipes like this are great to keep your fat macros on the mark. So easy. So tasty. And perfect for the whole family! I serve it with delicious low carb, keto breads/buns.
A Special Keto Giveaway
If you are looking for nourishing, energizing, healthy breakfast ideas… then I would like you to check out The Keto Breakfast Cookbook, created by certified nutritional therapist Kelsey Ale.
Kickstart your day with 80 keto breakfast recipes for pancakes, waffles, bagels, donuts, muffins, and more. Enjoy classic morning breakfast items without ruining a keto diet with this brand new cookbook.
And you can get a FREE color copy of this incredible cookbook.
Yes, it’s really true. You can get this cookbook for free.
There’s no catch, you just have to cover shipping.
So if you have any friends or family that could benefit from guilt-free recipes for fluffy breakfast muffins and delicious donuts, then go here next and grab your free copy.
You can also add the below ingredients according to your preference… to alter the taste time to time once this recipe becomes a regular for you.
- Cottage Cheese
- Mayonnaise/ greek yogurt
- Chopped celery
- Dijon mustard
Egg and Avocado Salad Toppings
- chopped bacon
- chopped tomatoes
- sesame seeds
- hot red pepper
- green onions
Tips to make the best Avocado and Egg salad
- Mash the egg yolks, then add mayo (if using) and mashed avocado. Add the chopped egg whites last, this way you have an extra creamy salad
- Use ripe avocados, generally better for this type of salad
- Use a splash of lemon juice (my preference) or vinegar, to balance the taste and also prevent the avocados from browning
Can You Make it in Advance
You can make it the night before and seep it in an air tight container, the top layer of avocados can get a little brown. If the top browns, you can remove the browned part and still consume it. But my suggestion is to make this salad fresh, as avocados do not freeze well.
More Keto Breakfast Recipe (family friendly)
- Homemade Herby Breakfast Pork Sausage
- Omelet With Cottage Cheese and Basil
- Gut Healing Turmeric Poached Eggs recipe
- Keto Japanese Egg Salad
- No-Bake Keto Sandwich Bread
- Keto Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Breakfast Oats
- Keto Broccoli and Cheddar Frittata
- Keto Cloud Eggs
Recipe Keys: Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Meal Prep Friendly, Vegetarian, Quick
- 3 Boiled Eggs
- 1 Small garlic clove minced
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. coriander leaves, chopped
- Boil the eggs (put in warm water and cook for 5 and a half minutes after the water has boiled, the pour cold water in the pot and cool). Once cooled peel, chop into cubes and put in a bowl.
- Press garlic and add to the eggs.
- Half the avocado, remove the stone and cut the flesh into cubes. Place the avocado and coriander in the bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Season everything with salt and pepper, and gently mix. Garnish with more coriander.
- Serve immediately on bread or on its own.
If want to make you own Keto bread to serve up this delicious salad with then I recommend you to get this cookbook - Keto Breads. This includes 35 easy to make keto bread recipes with leass than 5g net carbs.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298kcalTotal Fat: 24gCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 11g